Friday, July 2, 2010


Andrew Smailes loves his new get-up. So do we all.

We went toWest Coast College of Training in Joondalup today, as well as Raging Pixel in Mt Lawley. At TAFE, they have about $70,000 worth of motion capture gear, including facial mocap. Andrew jumped in a suit and had a play with the real-time computer simulation.

 I'm only dark because this course is putting me in fair financial debt, and if I had've known there was a cheaper way of doing it (waiting till next year) I definitely would have. Not only this, but we do not get access to use mocap or stop-motion for our projects this year, where they will next year. The WCCT will be twice the length and less than 1/2 the cost.

Nonetheless, it is even more motivation to put it behind me and get on with doing great animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment