Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Simon Allen rocks

Thanks, Simon, for sharing so many gems. I'm sure I'll be learning from these 2 days for quite some time yet. Here are some gems that I picked up, that I hope will inspire others to attend your workshops.

Try to capture the essence of life.
Show one idea at a time.
Get an office with a bar.
To get more work done, workout!

For me the 2 days of workshops cemented ideas that had been sifting in from various other places. For others I know it was simply enough to sit and listen, and soak up the goodness. I, on the other hand, recorded as much as I could. I feel so little and young compared to the ancient giants of animation, and like I need to absorb as much as I possibly can.

But now, there are no more notes to edit. I've read and re-read ( and will re-read more again). But there is simply nothing left for it but to put my head down, butt up and draw, draw, draw.

3 comments:

  1. Rock the Casbah was a punk song released by the Clash. But I spell it with a K. And it is now in my top 5 exclamations for really cool times, with 'Geronimo', 'Caramba' 'golly gosh'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm and what exactly is a kasbah? Love the new blog design by the way.

    ReplyDelete