Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Team building and new work

Ejected from school into the work-force, trying to find a way through to employment.

Currently I am volunteering on the short film "Minor Head Injury" for Adam Harvey and Evangeline Than. That is a cool experience. My role is stand-in 1st Assistant Director. This I see as mainly being a team building exercise. I will need skilled, reliable people to create my own projects. Film is a related field to my past (theatre and circus) but this is the first work I have actually done in it. I enjoy it.

My first paid animation work has come through - a corporate client. The first draft was accepted and enjoyed. So I can start to build my Flash portfolio now. This is also a team-building exercise in a different sense. I am not working with these people - more I am a sub-contractor who fulfils a task offsite. I need to satisfy the clients (3 of them - my agency, their client and the client's client - ha). By doing this, I line myself up for further work.

And suprise suprise, teaching work seems to be paying the bills - websites, animation and circus teaching are going great guns. I hope that they will keep me afloat long enough to establish a foot hold in creative work as well.

Wish me luck!! (even as I make it :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay good on ya Ushy! That's all awesome news!
    Good news about your first job draft getting the thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete